After a long day hard at work canning and cleaning the house, it's finally time to relax a little and unwind. Yes, there's still loads of laundry that are still waiting to make it into the washer, but while I'm waiting it's nice to have a few minutes to play a game, write a blog post, or check by the inbox.
Late nights are usually my most relaxing time, because everyone else is asleep and I can get a lot of cleaning done without any delays or distractions. It's been raining here off and on the past 2-3 days, so I've been trying to get the kid's room cleaned and somewhat organized so that when they wake up... they will be like.. "Wow, let's play with the toys!!!" That usually keeps them occupied pretty well during the rainy days.
It's been said for many years by several older people that I know: "A woman's work is never done." I have found that to be true... that and the fact that there are just simply not enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs to be done. Even spending most of the day multi-tasking doesn't help get everything done.... At some of the busiest parts of the day, it's quite easy to have so many things going on at once, that I have overlooked and even forgotten things.
I'm always kidding that it's just old age catching up with me.... lol. My desk will usually have a small stack of post-it notes sitting somewhere with things that I needed to remember or will need to look back at for reference. I've gotten around to making time each week to clean and organize my computer desk.... at some of the busiest times during the course of the week, it can be a total jungle over here.
During the next week or two, I plan to sit down and make sure that everything is in order so that we can be ready for school to start. I know that each day has it's own schedule and whenever you plan to do anything, something always has a way to knock you off chart. I've gotten most things ready, but there are still some things that need to be straightened out and organized better.
One of the things that I have been trying to do for years is to stop taking on more new projects. It seems like each time that I find a new hobby or project that I really enjoy, something always has a way to delay me or keep me so busy that I can barely have the time to finish or complete anything. I used to love doing latch-hook rugs, but I still had a latch-hook rug set that I had begun working on when I was 10 years old and I never got the time to finish it.
Although I had worked on it and got probably 40% of the rug complete, I never could find the time to finish it. Sad thing is, I can't remember what I did with it. A few years later someone had given me another latch-hook rug set, but this time I was smart.... I did not work on it at all. I re-gifted it to someone else who happened to have a lot of free time and was actually looking to take up a new hobby.
I try very hard to not take on more than I can handle, but these days.... people seem to put more off on me than I can bear. It's not easy to stomach most days, but I'm certain that God has His reasons for why so much is being put off on me right now. I have taken up paper bead making since last summer and have come to find that it helps reduce stress.
I've made a lot of them and have even sold a few of them online, which made all of the hard work worth it. I plan to stick with this hobby as it's something that the kids' enjoy helping with, because it's a great way for them to practice their cutting skills. I just love to make them and decorate them... who knew that rolling paper beads could actually be relaxing.
Machine sewing quilting tops were one of my favorite things to do, but ever since the sewing machine hasn't been acting right... it's been hard to get back to finishing some unfinished quilting projects that I had started years ago.... arrggghhh My thinking about those lately is that maybe one of these days things will work out to where I can sew on them and finally get them done one day.
I wish that there were more hours in the day to take more time to relax, have fun, and enjoy life..... I think that all the stress that comes from bills, work, and life just can at most times keep us so busy that we forget to stop and smell the roses. I love the days that are slower paced, because those are the days that I can get more done and seem to get rejuvenated with newly found energy.
Just being able to slow down in today's fast-paced society helps make life run more smoothly. At times it's hard to do that, but I'm trying diligently to make time for everything and take time to really enjoy life. I have found myself wishing some days that I could just go back and slow life down to where just one day seems like forever to go by. It seems like now, days just pass by faster, with just one blink of an eye.. a whole month has passed by and that's scary actually.
Well.... with all of this said, always remember to take time for everything, whether it's to play with your kids more or to take time to finish things. One of these days you will have wished that you had spent more time doing things that you enjoyed and relaxed with your family more. I know that I have wished that a few times lately. Things that overwhelm us and drive us crazy, always have a weird way of making us appreciate everything more. Take care and have a great night!! Until next post.... May God bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment