With school time around the corner and summer winding down, I just wanted to take a few minutes and let my fellow blogger readers out there know a little more about paper beads. This is how I used my crafting hobby to help reduce waste and help recycle. I wanted to share an easy way to help reduce the amount of waste that is thrown out. This is a great rainy day project and the kids will love to help too. It's so much fun for everyone to do.. be creative and come up with a recycling project of your own and see how much fun you can have.
Who knew recycling things could be such a fun hobby?? I know have found new ways to help reduce the amount of old cereal boxes, and other like boxes from being thrown in the trash. I have been working on paper beads the past few months as a way to recycle, but soon realized that I loved to make the beads. They are really quite easy and very fun to make. It doesn't take long to make them either, and the kids love to help with making them and decorating as well.
This can also be a great rainy day project for the kids or anyone... young or old. So many interesting things can be made using paper beads. You can create unique crafts, jewelery such as bracelets, earrings.... even belts. They make a great and awesome way to create a curtain to hang over a doorway. If you're crafty, inventive, and creative... the the possibilities are absolutely endless.
They can be painted and covered with either clear coat, polyurethane, or mod podge to help make the beads more durable. I have used clear nail polish on some of the ones that I have made. Also, for a different twist on your paper beading decor.... fimo slices that are glued onto the surface of the beads and then covered with a coat or 2 of a clear coating of your choice, to help make the bead durable. I have enjoyed working with the fimo slices on my beads as it gives them a 3-D looks and feel to them.
You can also decorate them with pictures, designs.. basically anything that your heart desires. The coolest part about the beads is.. they are tiny pieces of art, that are one of a kind..... so don't be afraid to get beading and be creative. This is sure to be a great conversation piece in your home... I know it is in our home. People just can't believe that beads can be made using paper or old product boxes. :) I've gotten alot of questions and odd looks when I am making them or decorating. The end result is always an amazing product.....
This was a very interesting way to let my creativity run wild and I had fun just seeing what all kinds of designs I could add to each bead to make them all one of a kind pieces of art. I have sold a few of them and several friends are speechless by how the beads look once they are strung together for a necklace. This is a splendid way to use what you have on hand, as well as helping to reduce waste and recycle. The kids will love helping you make this awesome hand-made beads. Perfect idea for a rainy day craft... or just whenever you need a quick and easy craft project. The possibilities are absolutely endless with what you can do when making paper beads. I hope that you enjoy reading my blog posts as much as I enjoy writing them. I would love to hear from readers, so please feel free to leave me a comment. Until next post.... May God bless!!


No comments:
Post a Comment