It has been quite a week with trying to get caught up on the last few days we had of dry weather before atleast 5 more days of rain return. The bonus of this was atleast the peas have been planted while the garden was dry enough to do so. Now if the crop will do well this year to make up for the sad multiple times of replanting due to drought and hot temperatures. I plan to pressure can some peas this year if the crop does well enough. I also hope that the tomatoes and peppers do well also. I think that losing 2 pepper plant is not really so bad. God has a reason and I am greatful for the ones that did make it. Looking at everything as a blessing and taking it day by day.
Also, my Asiatic lilies are nearly ready to move to the other flower beds. I am working on making a large plot of them where they are sure to spread out for many years to come. This would also help with my progess being made on my low maintainence gardening methods. I am happy with the progress that is being made, but at the same time I feel like I have a long ways to go. I guess it will all work out in due time. I also plan to make a larger plot of stonecrop cuttings so that they will have their own little areas that they will flourish in. I have been working for many years to have some in every flower garden and I am making a lot of progress with that.
Can't wait to get my cucumbers planted and if it all works out... hopefully malabar spinach. I have a lot of ideas, but it's so hard to get time to organize them, so I just do one at a time and let God lead it where it goes. 90% of my black willow cuttings are ready to transplant, as I am wanting to get them planted so they will grow out and then I can relocate them as I go along. I love black willows, and have plans to get a weeping willow and another corkscrew willow like I used to have prior to 2011. What can I say... I just love plants... I think it is a blessing to be able to share plants, seeds, cuttings, and knowledge with others who love gardening as much as I do. That's really a rare gem because most people are afraid to venture into growing anything because they are focused on everything dying or withering away.. In all the years that I have dealt with anything garden/plant/seed related, I have found it to be the most beneficial to not focus on negatives... focus on everything that can and will go right, because it will. Going to go for today... take care and have a wonderful weekend!! Happy Father's day weekend to the Father's out there!! Until next post... May God bless!! P.S. Enjoy some more plant photos..



No comments:
Post a Comment