Hoping this post is finding everyone doing very well and getting outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. I have to say that this is the wettest, stormiest spring and start to summer I have seen in many years. Each time we get the garden plowed and ready to plant it will come storms with flash floods that lead the garden to become flooded for several days. We are back to square one again as we are waiting for a dry spell to get the garden planted with the beans. I love that we are getting rain, but would love to plant the beans, and okra. Last summer we had sever drought that left us without rain in our area for several months, so the only thing that did fairly well was the tomatoes.
I am looking forward to trying to get some squash, peas, okra, and cucumbers planted once it dries enough to let me get seeds planted. I am planting many things in my flower gardens, as it is not so boggy. I have so far planted 3 tomatoes, 3 bell pepper plants, and 3 jalepeno plants in some of the out areas of one of my larger sized flower gardens. The bad thing is, I have lost 2 of the bell pepper and 2 of the jalepeno due to all of the rain that we have had. Praying that the remainder of tomatoes and peppers strive and do well. I wanted to plant 3 of the tomatoes and pepper plants because I want to allow just enough to grow so that they can be maintained and care for much easier.
The motto for this growing season is, "Less is more" and just really spoil those, as God will always provide us with a crop of some size. For this I am really greatful and consider it a huge blessing, because I am thrifty and I do not waste anything. I am the kind of person who will find a way to make a use for everything, because God provides us with daily blessings both big and small. I look forward to gathering eggs which our chickens lay daily. I am trying to find a way to expand my flock, but right now I am happy where God has our small flock.
I was really blessed to have gotten the opportunity to enjoy fresh sage for two seasons, but due to extremely cold weather we had during the winter months, my sage ended up dying out. My next goal is to finally get a greenhouse, which would be another huge blessing so that I can start seeds for gardening season and also to grow some things during the colder months if possible. I have been busy working with starting new cuttings for helping to further expand my plants and shrubs. So far I have started several black willow cuttings which will be transplanted soon. My goal for the last 7 1/2 years was to plant a tree row so that there is some privacy, a wind break from winds, and to also have trees for the wildife to enjoy.
Feel free to let me know what types of plants you will be planting.. I would love to hear from you. Also, I am hoping to be able to share some of my ideas and gardening advice I have learned from trial and error. For the last 37 years, my love for plants and gardening has only grown. I always enjoy sharing plants, bulbs, and seeds with friends, neighbors, and relatives. I am hoping that you enjoy some photos of some of the things that I have been working on. Enjoy, take care, and always make time to enjoy outdoors. Until next post.. may God bless!!

No comments:
Post a Comment