Hello everyone!! We are home schooling for the first time this year and have lots of questions ourselves, but what I plan to use for keeping track of everything is a teacher's record book. I bought ours on ebay, but if there is a teaching supply store near you, it could be bought at a store. Since I have no clue where the nearest store is, (even after not finding anything useful online) I have found it a little easier to get things online sometimes due to the pricing and convenience due to the high cost of gas. I'm all about trying to save us money as much as I possibly can, so when possibly I will use coupons anytime I shop whether it be online or at the local stores.
I have looked at local stores near us, but was not able to find anything, so I looked online and found one that would work also for lessons as well, as keeping up with grading and attendance. I checked out a few sites a few months ago, but after I got the teacher's book, I just decided that this may be a better choice. I have also purchased a few things that were on sale along the way and this will help out tremendously come closer the school time. There are going to be a large amount of shoppers the next few weeks, so I know that to stay on top of everything that keeping track of the sales ads and what coupons will be in the paper's each week will be critical.
To help make everything much easier on our end, I want to keep as good of a record of everything that I possibly can. I just want to have some physical proof should something ever happen and I have to have some documents or paperwork showing what we are doing, just-in-case something should ever come up (just never hurts to be prepared in this day and age). Since I already do some paperwork, this would be nothing much harder or time consuming than what I do now. It's never a bad thing to be ready in the event of something going awry.... Yes, there are people who are against home-schooling all together and well... you just never know. Home-schooling is not for everyone, but it is the right thing for our family. We have done lots of praying and I know that it is what is right for us to do. God has played a huge roll in helping us along with making this decision final.
If anyone else has any advice or pointers to offer us as we begin to start our school year in August, please let me know. I will also be using our blog to help anyone else who may need any pointers or advice with making the decision to home-school. For us, there were more pros than there were cons, which helped make the decision to home-school our children easier. It did take lots of prayer and I have no doubt in my mind that we will be going in the wrong direction. I have no regrets in making the decision to home-school, as I think that this is what is the
best for our children's future education.
The possibility of college could become a reality now, as opposed to going to public school. I know from my own personal experience with being a student in a public school, that had I been home-schooled, I would have definitely went to college. There were lots of things that they had not taught in the curriculum that would have been important to have learned in preparation for college. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but the critical thing is that I want to make sure that I do everything right and that our children are learning what they should. As with everything else that has came along in our lives, we will be home-schooling as a family. Just can't wait to see what new experiences we will have as a home-schooling family moving forward. This is going to be a very fun and moving experience for us all. Thanks so much!! Take care and have a great afternoon and Happy Early 4th of July!! May God bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment